You can help create a brighter future for sick children with a rewarding career or volunteer experience at the RCH Foundation.
For volunteer opportunities and career options with the hospital, please see below.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the CEO’s office and be the first point of contact for matters requiring the attention of the CEO.
Purpose of position
The position of Executive Assistant is responsible for the effective provision of:
- Executive support to the CEO and effective operational management of the Office of the CEO,
- High-level investigation, reporting, management and resolution of strategic and operational issues on behalf of the CEO, and
- Coordination of projects and initiatives within the office of the CEO, including the Board and sub-committees.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 5 years experience in the delivery of senior executive administrative support, with well-developed oral and written communications skills, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills, with well-developed diplomacy and influencing skills working with others at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as within a close team environment
- Demonstrated organisational awareness and stakeholder management expertise
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- A high level of maturity and ability to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive information, displaying initiative and a proactive approach to managing workload
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products, databases and the internet.
- Advanced Diploma/Certificate in Business Administration or related equivalent.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The position is offered as a three year contract and is subject to renewal. There will be a six month probationary period in the first instance.
- As a not for profit organization, the Foundation offers attractive salary packaging options.
- The position is offered subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must address the Selection Criteria in the position description. Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered
- For further information or queries about this role, please contact Suzy Ellingsen, Director of People and Culture at Suzy.Ellingsen@rch.org.au
- Please send your application, including your CV, the names and contact details of three referees and your response to the Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Friday 20 September 2019.
Sponsorship Executive – RCH150 Gala Dinner
This exciting new position will be responsible for researching and securing sponsorship for the RCH150 Gala Dinner. This full-time position will work across the RCH Foundation to ensure this event is a major fundraising component of the 150th year.
Purpose of Position
The position of RCH150 Gala Dinner Sponsorship Executive is responsible for:
- securing sponsorship for the RCH150 Gala Dinner
- Developing plans and tactics to appropriately engage business and build this area of contribution to the Foundation
- Identifying new sponsorship opportunities
- Working with existing supporters to uplift their giving capacity to support this iconic event
- Supporting various internal and external stakeholders to ensure the event is a success
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in fundraising or sponsorship
- Experience securing $10,000+ gifts from corporate or private donors
- Experience building and developing positive working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills along with strong administrative skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, working under own initiative to strict deadlines, and managing accounts and projects simultaneously
- Experience in a similar organisation and/or working with volunteers
- Knowledge of SalesForce360
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The position is offered as a one year contract position commencing in October 2019
- There will be a 3 month probationary period
- There will be a requirement to work outside of normal hours on limited occasion for fundraising events and activities. Allowance is made for reasonable time-in-lieu. Flexible working hours and conditions are offered
- A competitive remuneration is available for the right candidate, depending on experience. Salary packaging is available. Leave entitlements as per national standards.
MORE INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY
- The position is offered as a one year contract position, commencing in October 2019
- Applications must address the Selection Criteria in the position description. Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
- For further information or queries about this role, please email Kate Dear, Corporate Engagement Manager at email@example.com
- Please send your application, including your CV, the names and contact details of three referees and your response to the Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Friday 13 September 2019.
Volunteering for the RCH Foundation
We offer a range of rewarding and fulfilling opportunities for volunteers to assist us in supporting the hospital.
Our volunteers work alongside staff to help with fundraising, special events and administration. Volunteers can commit to shorter term opportunities supporting specific projects or longer term roles assiting with our ongoing operations.
Through our volunteering program, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- gain experience in a variety of new roles
- explore different career and job opportunities
- get relevant training and develop skills
- develop professional networks
- raise awareness and support important health projects
- donate your time and expertise to benefit the fundraising efforts of RCH Foundation and help the sick kids at hospital
Becoming an RCH Foundation volunteer
New volunteer opportunities are being developed and are promoted on this page. We promise to match your skills and availability to our volunteer needs to provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity.
To enquire about a volunteer role or receive alerts when volunteer roles are posted, please contact Laura Buck, Manager, Auxiliaries and Fundraising via email or on 03 9345 6941.
Careers at the RCH
The RCH employs health professionals in a variety of medical, nursing and allied health fields along with professionals for service departments like finance, information services, human resources and facilities management.
For more information about working at the RCH, please click here.