You can help create a brighter future for sick children with a rewarding career or volunteer experience at the RCH Foundation.
For volunteer opportunities and career options with the hospital, please see below.
Director, People and Culture
Purpose of Position
The position of Director, People and Culture, working closely with the CEO and Leadership Team is responsible supporting the strategic success of the RCH Foundation through the design, delivery and implementation of the Foundation’s People strategy. The position provides strategic and operational expertise to the CEO, Leadership Team and employees on all people related matters including performance and talent management, organisational design and development, engagement, reward and recognition, HR systems and reporting and change management. The Director, People and Culture will work towards ensuring there are the right tools in place to promote a positive, high performing workplace culture and ensuring the ongoing development and support of team members and leaders and emerging leader.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A successful and proven record as a senior HR leader in a multi-disciplinary role in a not for profit/charitable environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and implement a broad range of contemporary HR and organisational development strategies, programs, policies and operational practices to successfully support the strategic objectives of the business.
- A proven track record in either working as an executive or directly supporting the executive on people and culture strategies.
- Previous experience in managing change and the delivery of change management initiatives across the whole organisation.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Degree level qualifications in Human Resources or in a related discipline.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The position is offered in the first instance as a three year contract part-time position. There will be a six month probationary period.
- There may be a requirement to work outside of normal hours on limited occasion for fundraising events and activities. Allowance is made for reasonable time-in-lieu. Flexible working hours and conditions are offered as is professional development.
- Competitive salary, inclusive of salary packaging, superannuation and leave loading.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
- Send your application, including your CV, and your response to the Key Selection Criteria to email@example.com by COB Friday 22 March 2019.
Corporate Engagement Manager
The Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation is seeking a motivated and passionate Corporate Engagement Manager to develop and grow corporate relationships in support of The Royal Children’s Hospital.
If you are experienced in corporate donor cultivation and have a passion for supporting some of Victoria’s sickest children and their families at one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals, then this could be your new dream job.
- For further information or queries about this role, please contact Allison Blahna, Manager, Individual Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY
- Selection Criteria – Applications must address the Selection Criteria in the position description – applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered
- Submitting your application – Send your application, including your cover letter, CV, the names and contact details of three referees and your response to the Selection Criteria to email@example.com by COB Friday 29 March 2019
Volunteering for the RCH Foundation
We offer a range of rewarding and fulfilling opportunities for volunteers to assist us in supporting the hospital.
Our volunteers work alongside staff to help with fundraising, special events and administration. Volunteers can commit to shorter term opportunities supporting specific projects or longer term roles assiting with our ongoing operations.
Through our volunteering program, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- gain experience in a variety of new roles
- explore different career and job opportunities
- get relevant training and develop skills
- develop professional networks
- raise awareness and support important health projects
- donate your time and expertise to benefit the fundraising efforts of RCH Foundation and help the sick kids at hospital
Becoming an RCH Foundation volunteer
New volunteer opportunities are being developed and are promoted on this page. We promise to match your skills and availability to our volunteer needs to provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity.
To enquire about a volunteer role or receive alerts when volunteer roles are posted, please contact Laura Buck, Manager, Auxiliaries and Fundraising via email or on 03 9345 6941.
Careers at the RCH
The RCH employs health professionals in a variety of medical, nursing and allied health fields along with professionals for service departments like finance, information services, human resources and facilities management.
For more information about working at the RCH, please click here.