RCH bed sponsorship helps the hospital continue to provide world leading care to sick children.
“When Luca was born his chances of survival were slim. Today Luca is thriving and it’s thanks to the doctors, nurses and staff at the RCH Newborn Intensive Care Unit. We will never forget that. We want to help make sure that the RCH remains not just a great hospital but an exceptional one so that, like Luca, other very sick babies are given the best chance at life.”
The Miraglia Family, bed sponsors in honour of their son, Luca
Every year, more than 45,000 sick children are admitted to the RCH. You can sponsor a bed in a ward that you are passionate about and support a particular area of care at the hospital.
Areas you can support
- Butterfly Ward, or our Newborn Intensive Care Unit, cares for some of Australia’s sickest babies
- Cockatoo Ward supports children requiring ongoing surgical or neurological care
- Sugar Glider Ward provides medical care to children with a range of conditions and illnesses
- Platypus Ward supports children requiring ongoing surgical care
- Koala Ward cares for children with serious cardiac conditions
- Rosella Ward, or our Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, provides care to critically ill children
- Kookaburra Ward cares for patients battling childhood cancer
- Kelpie Ward cares for our adolescent patients, our oncology patients and those requiring rehabilitative care
- Banksia Ward supports children and adolescents with mental health concerns
- Dolphin Ward provides medical care for children requiring short hospital stays
- Possum Ward cares for children immediately after surgery
- Emergency Department cares for children needing urgent care and provides the only paediatric trauma service for Victoria.
Sponsoring a bed in Butterfly, Rosella or the Emergency Department is $7,500 per annum. Sponsoring a a bed in the remaining wards is $5,000 per annum. A three year bed commitment is requested where possible.
Please donate by clicking on the ward names above or contact us via the details to the right.
Recognising your support is important to us. Each bed sponsor will be acknowledged publicly at the hospital through the RCH Bed Sponsorship Program Acknowledgement Boards and within our annual publication, The Impact of Giving.