Supporting the Children’s Bioethics Centre (CBC)
The story so far
The Friends of the CBC Auxiliary was established in October 2018. The National Bioethics Conference remains a vital ‘plank’ of the CBC in providing a platform for the exchange of views both on the domestic stage as well as in the international arena. The Conference both confers and confirms the CBC’s reputation as a Centre of Excellence. The Friends of the CBC’s primary task is to secure funding for the Conference as well as ongoing education projects.
You can learn more about the CBC by visiting the CBC’s website here
What we are working on
The CBC activities presently include:
- Clinical ethics consultations within The Royal Children’s Hospital and increasingly in other health services
- Bioethics research involving PhD and other students
- Bioethics education across all departments of the RCH
- Journal discussion meetings.
- National Bioethics Conference.
Recent Staff Achievements
The CBC’s Academic Director, Professor Lynn Gilliam, recently won the prestigious RCH 2018 Chairman’s Medal. Lynn’s clear thinking, deep knowledge and compassionate approach to ethical dilemmas faced by clinicians, patients and families, have earned her the trust of The Royal Children’s Hospital community.
Lynn has made a huge difference to the lives of countless children, young people, their families and RCH staff over many years. The clinical ethics service at the RCH plays an indispensable role in making the hospital a GREAT children’s hospital, and it plays a significant role in ensuring the RCH can deliver great care. Lynn’s contribution to the RCH, and her leadership throughout clinical ethical challenges, make her a very worthy recipient of the 2018 Chairman’s Medal.”
The CBC Conference and Education programs require funding and we feel the ‘Friends’ is the best means to secure these vital functions. Your support is very much needed.
Should you wish to make a payment of the annual suggested gift of $200 via EFT please see the RCH Foundation banking information below.
Account Name: Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation – Operating Account: (Trust 1)
Bank: Bendigo Bank
BSB: 633 000
Account no: 150063493
ABN: 15 007 143 142
ACN: 007 143 142
Please use “CBC Auxiliary” in the banking description for easy tracking.
Once your payment has been made please notify Lucia Di Maio, RCH Foundation Auxiliaries Administration Officer, via email [email protected] with your payment remittance and address details so that you can be mailed a printed receipt.
For credit card payments over the phone or any further queries with regards to payment please contact Lucia via 03 9345 5188.
Benefits of being a Friend of the CBC include:
- An invitation to the three-day National Bioethics Conference.
- Acknowledgment as a ‘Friend’ in the Conference Program (with your permission).
- Access to research articles produced by the CBC.
- Receipt of an Annual Report summarising the activities of the CBC.
- An invitation to a ‘Hypothetical’ or other similar events to be held at the RCH on future dates.
- The RCH Foundation e-newsletter.
- The Auxiliary Digest newsletter.
- Not least, a heartfelt glow of satisfaction.
President: David Kolieb
Treasurer: Ric Comber
0417 503 964
0412 243 624