Fundraising FAQs

Q1: Do I need permission to fundraise?

Yes. As we are a charity, it is a legal requirement that anyone collecting funds on our behalf must be officially registered.

Q2: Can I use the RCH or RCH Foundation logo?

A Proud Supporter logo has been created especially for our registered fundraisers to use.

Q3: What is the difference between the RCH, the RCH Foundation and the RCH Good Friday Appeal (GFA)?

The GFA is the major public appeal for the hospital, bringing together people from across the community to raise funds for the RCH. The strength of the GFA lies with the thousands of people who volunteer their time, expertise and creativity to fundraising activities throughout the year. These activities culminate in an all-day telethon, broadcast live across Victoria on Good Friday. The funds raised from the GFA are passed on to the RCH Foundation.

The RCH Foundation acts as a Trustee of all funds donated to the RCH, including those raised through the GFA. It is responsible for managing and distributing any funds raised to enable the RCH to deliver the best care for its patients and their families. You can fundraise for or donate directly to the hospital through the RCH Foundation.

If you would like your fundraising results to be added to the GFA tally, please register with the Good Friday Appeal.

Q4: My activity has taken place, what happens next?

Please fill out the online Fundraising Activity Completion Form and deposit your funds within 14 days after your activity. Funds can be delivered to the RCH Foundation by arrangement, via bank deposit or cheque.

Q5: Do I need to be over 18 years old to fundraise?

We welcome fundraisers of all ages, but if you are under 18, please ask your parent/guardian to complete the registration form.

Q6: Where does the money go?

All funds donated are used to support clinical excellence at the RCH. This includes purchasing equipment, running family and patient centred care programs, conducting ground-breaking research and investing in the best medical minds.

The fine print

Fundraising in the state of Victoria is governed by the Fundraising Act of 1998. For more information on your legal obligations as a fundraiser, read through the Act.

All community and charitable raffles require a permit from The Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation. For more information, click here.

Contact our Community Fundraising team

T 03 9345 5037

Send an email